Unbeatable Savings and the Lowest Overall Cost of Ownership
- Data Sheet: Symform Cloud Storage Network Overview
- White Paper: The Cloud as It Should Be – Low Cost, Secure, and Reliable
The traditional cloud storage model is broken. For example, you can buy a two-terabyte drive for less than $100, but to back up two terabytes of data in the cloud can cost $12,000 per year or more with most cloud vendors. The underlying reason for the outrageous price difference between cloud and local storage is the cost of building and operating the data centers that provide cloud storage services to vendors. That’s right: behind every cloud is a big, expensive data center, and those costs must be passed on to the customer. Symform takes a fundamentally different approach to solving the data storage challenge, with a distributed network built on the internet.
Cost Benefits of the Symform Cloud Storage Network
- Start with 10 GB totally free – no obligations or time limits.
- Get more from your existing IT investments – Trade your excess local drive space for unlimited free cloud storage or pay low per GB charges if you can’t contribute.
- Forget about additional hardware or major software – Symform has a light-weight client that runs in the background.
- Back up all your devices, making sure business critical data on all servers, desktops, laptops, and storage devices is protected.
The Symform Cloud Storage Network Means No Datacenter Expenses
Symform can offer you free cloud backup because everyone on the Symform network, contributing their excess local drive space, helps power the cloud. Research shows that all businesses have unused capacity on existing storage devices or servers, so Symform asks you to contribute to the cloud some of that excess local drive space that you’ve already paid for, and in return, you get cloud backup for free or a low per GB charge. It’s a win-win proposition!