Extend Your Network Attached Storage Device to the Cloud
Symform easily extends onsite NAS devices to the cloud for secondary backup and disaster recovery. Best practices in data storage and backup include both a local and offsite backup strategy. Symform currently has a direct integration with three top NAS manufacturers, allowing customers to quickly install and configure Symform NAS cloud backup directly on their devices. Customers using other NAS brands can still backup their device to the Symform cloud by installing Symform on another supported platform and connecting via their network.
Symform Network Attached Storage Integration
Benefits of Using Symform With a NAS Device
Customers who leverage the Symform cloud with their NAS appliance benefit from economy, high performance, and optimal security from Symform:
- Affordable online storage: Symform provides unlimited free cloud backup to users who contribute local drive space equal to 2x their cloud storage needs.
- Fast appliance to cloud backup and restore: Symform technology enables users to more quickly and easily upload or download data between their NAS unit and the Symform cloud, with innovative seeding technology and Hot Copy capability.
- No file size limit: Users can back up all files to the Symform cloud, including CAD/CAM files, media images, or other large files.
- Data Synchronization: Users can also use Symform to synchronize critical data directly from a NAS device, between multiple NAS devices, or between a NAS device and other devices, such as laptops or tablet PCs.
- Strong data encryption: Symform employs military-grade data encryption for all data in the Symform Cloud Storage Network.
- Data Redundancy for disaster recovery: By leveraging the RAID architecture in the NAS and the Symform cloud, users can create a multilayered redundancy architecture to ensure that their data is safe and can be accessed in the event of any outage or data loss.
Contributing to the Symform Network From Your NAS Device is Easy
Everyone using the Symform Cloud Storage Network participates in the community by contributing excess local drive space in exchange for no- or low-cost Symform cloud backup. In addition to saving you money, Symform gives you faster upload and download capability, greater security, and more reliability. Symform works seamlessly with your NAS device to provide fast, affordable, and secure local and online backup for your critical business files.