The World’s First Peer-to-Peer Backup Solution
- Market Report: Symform differentiates with
peer-to-peer cloud storage
- Data Sheet: Symform Cloud Storage Network Overview
The Symform Revolutionary Cloud Storage Network uses a peer-to-peer architecture to provide safe, secure, fast and affordable data backup. You can think of Symform as crowdsourced backup. Each Symform user contributes excess local drive space and bandwidth to the Symform grid in exchange for secure peer-to-peer backup.
In other words, with Symform, you are the cloud, and Symform is the brains and secure orchestration behind the cloud. Symform encrypts, blocks, and shreds data on the local device before adding redundancy and spreading it across our globally distributed network. Symform Cloud Control is the central hub which monitors and maintains the system.
Peer-to-Peer Backup Advantages
- Safer: Because data is encrypted, broken into blocks, further shred into fragments, protected with RAID 96 redundancy and then spread around the world, it is nearly impossible for anyone besides the data owner to gain access to it. Traditional cloud backup providers have an eggshell security design which, once compromised from either outside or in, gives access to all of your data. Plus, your data is only in its original form on the source device before going to the cloud, because the only data in the Symform network or on your contribution device are tiny, inoperable, encrypted fragments.
- Faster: When you synchronize data to and restore data from the Symform cloud, your computer will make hundreds or even thousands of connections to unique peers around the globe. Only the fastest of those that respond will be used to upload and download your data. These many small connections are aggregated to transfer data quickly. The more bandwidth you have, the faster the connection will be. Contrast this with a typical cloud provider where you are making a single connection to their facility, which is often throttled.
- Cheaper: Symform does not have huge datacenter expenses that are typical for online backup providers. Users in the Symform peer-to-peer backup network reap the benefits of these savings. We offer 10 GB free just for signing up, and then unlimited totally free when you contribute local drive space equal to two times your cloud storage needs. You can also purchase some or all of your storage needs for a low, monthly per GB charge.
- Greener: Datacenters take massive amounts of land and materials to build, and an amazing amount of energy to power and keep cool. Symform’s global, decentralized cloud storage network allows users to get more out of the power, cooling and real estate they already have invested in. Plus, with Symform, you are not adding to the already huge carbon footprint created by cloud computing datacenters. Reduce and reuse with Symform!