Data Protection That Helps You Maintain Compliance
For companies that must adhere to critical mandates–HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI DSS, or other compliance regulations–storing and backing up data is both a necessity and a source of concern. Nearly all compliance mandates have clear rules around how sensitive data must be secured and managed. While no technology can solve this challenge completely, there are solutions that can help. Organizations dealing with compliance should not shy away from the cloud, as many cloud solutions offer greater protection, access control rules, and reporting than traditional applications.
Specific Mandates That Symform Addresses:
- SSAE 16 Compliance: Symform and its Cloud Storage Network are SSAE 16 Compliant based upon the Trust Services Principles, which test and report on the design and operating effectiveness of a service organization’s controls as they relate to security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality, and privacy of a system.
- HIPAA Final Security Rule Adherence: In addition to helping you maintain compliance to the overall HIPAA mandate, Symform follows all principles in the Final Security Rule, which requires appropriate Administrative Procedures, Physical Safeguards, and Technical Safeguards to protect access to Patient Health Information (PHI) data.
- Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act: While SOX pertains to financial controls for publicly traded entities, it contains guidelines for evaluating service providers. SOX refers to SSAE 16 as the standard for maintaining compliance when using service providers.
Symform Provides the Following Data Protection for Your Compliance Needs:
- Data Backup: Symform provides secure, redundant, and reliable cloud data backup to ensure that your data is protected at all times and that you can restore it when needed–all at a lower price than you’ll find anywhere else.
- Strong Encryption: Symform uses military-grade (AES-256) encryption at all times, both in motion and at rest, and encrypts data before it leaves your device.
- Key Management Best Practices: Symform encrypts each folder with a unique, randomly generated key, and uses industry best practices in the management and storing of those keys.
- Data Shredding and Redundancy: After encrypting your data, Symform breaks each file into blocks and shreds each block into small fragments, making it virtually impossible for anyone to penetrate your information. In addition, Symform creates redundancy at a 1.5 time ratio to add extra data protection.
- Geo-Distribution: Symform distributes the data fragments across its global network, providing disaster recovery protection and further defense against threats.
- Access Controls: Symform uses strong authentication and authorization rules, allowing only those with proper credentials and authority to access your Symform account and related information.
- Data Recovery: Symform makes sure your data is available when you need it. In addition to fast restore via parallel Internet connections, Symform’s Hot Copy feature creates a instant restore copy of the data at a second physical location.