Contribution Is as Easy as 1, 2, 3
Contributing excess local drive space to the Symform Cloud Storage Network is easy and safe. To get unlimited free cloud backup you just need to maintain a 2:1 ratio of local contribution to cloud space used.
- Select the “Contribute” checkbox during set up.
- Select a contribution folder on a non-mobile, always-on device. This will be known as your contribution device.
- As you use more online file storage in the cloud, just make sure you contribute 2x additional local drive space to the Symform network.
There Are Two Ways You Can Contribute to the Symform Cloud Storage Network:
- Already have spare capacity? Spare drive space, spare internet bandwidth, extra real-estate, extra power, or surplus cooling and management overhead? Lucky you–your cost of contribution just got even lower.
- Don’t have spare capacity? You can easily add capacity to your existing servers and workstations by buying inexpensive hardware–a 2 TB drive can be purchased for under $100! The drives consume minimal incremental power, and your real-estate, cooling, and management costs still get lower.
Symform Provides Flexible Contribution
We want to make joining the network and contributing local drive space in exchange for online file storage space as easy as possible for you with our flexible contribution. You can upload and contribute from the same devices, or from different devices and locations. Many Symform customers dedicate one drive or one device to contribution, and then upload files from other devices. This is especially helpful for managed service providers or IT consultants, who want to contribute on behalf of their customers, or want to contribute from one location but upload from another. No problem!