We are looking for an experienced, talented and motivated Senior Cloud Engineer. We are the team that manages Symform Cloud Control, the heart of our peer-to-peer storage. We design and implement core infrastructure that will make the service available, scalable, reliable, secure and engineered to the highest standards. The Symform cloud service orchestrates operations for billions of fragments and millions of files across 160 countries. We pride ourselves on running at massive scale and at low operating costs.
As a cloud engineer, you are experienced in designing and developing infrastructure for internet-scale systems. You have worked in agile environments that are project oriented. You are very comfortable working with cloud services. You have automated anything you found yourself doing more than once. You have experience with open source tools.
You are going to design and implement the infrastructure that deploy, monitor and scale out cloud control. The position will provide many interesting, hard-core technical challenges and as much responsibility as you can handle.
- DevOps methodology and culture in your DNA. Respect, trust, and fellowship.
- Fluent in AWS cloud services (S3, EC2, ELB, CloudFormation, Beanstalk, MapReduce, IAM, OpsWorks)
- Experience working using agile development methodology
- Proven experience working with Unix/Linux systems and scripting languages like Bash
- Fluency in at least one of the following languages: Python, Ruby, Java, C++ or C#
- Strong written and spoken English language skills
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Broad and deep experience with networking and web services (DNS, TCP/IP, Apache, Load Balancing, RESTful services…)
- Working knowledge of Hadoop, Zookeeper, Simian Army, or similar technologies
- Real-world experience administering MySQL databases (Backup, Replication, Sharding…)
- Experience with high traffic large-scale applications and associated technologies (Memcached, load balancing, distributed applications)
We are building a new kind of cloud storage system by pooling unused local storage from our users, as opposed to building big, expensive, high carbon footprint datacenters. Our cloud is every bit as reliable, secure, available, and accessible as those big expensive datacenters, but at a small fraction of the cost – which allows us to offer our users unlimited cloud storage at local storage price points. Our mission is to store the world’s data, and do our part to make this a greener planet.
We are located in Pioneer Square in beautiful Seattle, WA. We treat our employees as adults and have flexible policies, along with the typical startup perks: lunches, happy hours in our break room (with the occasional ping-pong tournament), giant monitors, and great hardware.
Got What it Takes? Like What We Do?
Send materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.